Most Avocado wraps I’ve tasted go something like this: some avocado, veggies, and meat of some sort (or Tofu) wrapped in a dry tortilla. While these are often branded as ‘healthy’, the carbohydrates in the typically-refined tortilla are not my idea of ‘good’, ‘whole’ or ‘pure’.
Avocados can help you maintain lower cholesterol, improve your eye health, they are stellar for your heart, they regulate blood sugar levels, and they even help assure healthy babies (shout out to all of my pregnant friends). In addition, they are a great source of those monounsaturated fat (which, experts say, is important for maintaining clear, healthy skin)!
This recipe makes for a fantastic lunch, snack, or dinner item; it is easy, healthy, and incredibly tasty! Kid-Approved, Boyfriend-Approved, Mom-Approved, and totally heart-healthy!
-2 avocados (organic, preferably, though avocados are one of the less-genetically engineered foods)
-3 organic tomatoes
-1/2 clove garlic
-Himalayan Salt (this provides iodine without sodium; helps with cleansing and attaining a healthy immune system)
-Pepper to taste
-Shaved, all natural turkey slices (as pure as possible, please!) or, to make this vegetarian (and vegan), several large pieces of iceberg lettuce or cabbage
1. Peel avocados; cut into long strips
2. Finely chop onion; mince garlic clove; finely chop tomatoes. Mix the three ingredients together.
3. Lay out Turkey (or Lettuce or Cabbage) flat on a table; lay 1-3 Avocado strips on each piece (depending on how large of surface you have).
4. Once avocado is laid out, spoon mixture of garlic, onion, and tomato over each avocado. Top with Himalayan salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro and lime.
5. Roll the wraps and enjoy!