For basketball fans across the country (and those of us hosting March Madness viewing parties) I wanted a fun, game-viewing snack. I experimented with universal favorites and present you with the following…enjoy!
Bacon Pesto Guacamadness:
-Four large avocados (I prefer organic) -3 thick strips of bacon (or turkey bacon) -Pesto (I make this from scratch–I will post the recipe later this week; for this recipe, pesto from a jar will suffice)
-1 tomato for garnish
-Chips, veggies, or anything you prefer to dip!
1. Peel and chop avocados into 1/2-inch cubes; move into a medium bowl
2. Mix 2 tbsp. Pesto into bowl
3. Cook bacon until crisp; dry with paper towel once cool; crumble and mix into avocado and pesto mixture
4. Using a fork, mash avocado mixture to desired consistency
5. Garnish with chopped tomatos!
6. Enjoy being the Host(ess) with the Mostess!