These petite sweets pair my knowledge of nutrition with my love of universally delicious
desserts! They work as cookies—as they satisfy any sweet tooth—but they are secretly
quite nutritious! Egg-free, Dairy-free, Butter-free, Guilt-free…and absolutely delicious!
• 4 medium ripe bananas
• 2 ½ cups Oatmeal (non-instant; I prefer Quaker) or 2 ½ cups Quinoa flakes
• 2 tbsp. Splenda (or another sugar substitute—I’m still searching for my favorite)
• 1 tsp. Vanilla extract (or imitation Vanilla extract)
• 2 tbsp. Better’N Peanut Butter (I love this stuff because it’s only 80 calories for 2 tbsp., it’s all natural, low sodium, and very tasty) or 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter of any kind
• ½ tsp. of salt
• 2 tsp. of cinnamon
• 1 tsp. of agave or honey
• A handful dairy free chocolate chips (I use Chocolate Dream)
• Optional: ½ cup flaked coconut, ½ cup chopped dates, ½ cup dried cranberries, or ½ cup chopped nuts (I’m a big fan of trying something new each time I make these delightful treats!)
• Optional: 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed* (this will not affect the taste; this simply adds to the nutritional benefit!)
1. Preheat oven to 350◦.
2. In a large bowl, peel and mash the bananas using a potato masher or fork.
3. Add Vanilla extract and Better’N Peanut butter to the banana mixture. Using a blender on low, or using a stirring utensil, assure that the ingredients are evenly mixed. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (Oatmeal, salt, Splenda—or sugar substitute, and any additional “Optional” ingredients)
5. Pour dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Mix together evenly.
6. Using a spoon, form the mixture into balls (measuring 1-2 inches in diameter). Place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or sprayed, lightly).
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes (or until slightly crisp on the outside). Once out of the oven, allow the cookies to cook on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes. Store once they are completely cool (this will keep them from getting soggy). Store in the fridge, or in a closed container on the counter.
8. Enjoy being the Hostess with the Mostess!